St Andrew’s Healthcare is to host a free CPD Speech and Language webinar.
Titled ‘Navigating Communication and Emotional Arousal Levels: Principles and Practical Applications in Psychiatric Settings,’ the webinar will take place on Wednesday March 6 from 1-2pm.
Following significant interest from a recent NR Times article on SLT in Mental Health, join St Andrew’s’ Lead Speech and Language Therapist, Kimberlee Ferrari to learn about the innovative approach used to support the communication needs of people in psychiatric settings with complex mental health needs.
CPD points: 2
Learn and ask questions about:
- Arousal Curve Principles, including Polyvagal Theory
- Creating an arousal curve plan, with communication and sensory guidance plotted
- Using an arousal curve plan in practice, for example in; formulation, debriefs, coping skills, transfers and promotion of least restrictive care.
Kimberlee will be joined by Leanne Clement, Head of Allied Health Professionals and an Occupational Therapist by profession, Leanne will be exploring the creation of an arousal curve plan from a sensory perspective.
Click here to register your attendance
- Brain injury news4 weeks ago
Children with mTBIs at increased risk of affective and behavioural disorders – study
- Brain injury news2 weeks ago
Patients and professionals discuss benefits of canoeing and kayaking on brain injury rehab
- Dementia news3 weeks ago
Why silence is golden for dementia intervention
- Brain injury news1 week ago
Introducing Owl Barn – a pioneering new rehab centre in Cumbria
- Brain injury news3 weeks ago
St Andrew’s Healthcare: Extending highly specialist neurobehavioural care
- News4 days ago
Daily Round Up: Wednesday 21 February
- Dementia news4 weeks ago
Calls for urgent reopening of speech and language service
- News2 weeks ago
Your NR Headlines: Friday 9 February