Connect with us
  • Elysium


Trouble abroad – when severe injury turns holidays to hell



NRT: What does your job involve?
CP: Our team deals exclusively with claims on behalf of people who are injured somewhere other than in their home country. We predominantly represent English people who are injured on holiday or working abroad, but sometimes we represent claimants from other countries injured here in England and Wales. We deal with cross-border litigation, where we often have to consider whether a different country’s laws might apply or govern the claim. Sometimes there’s a choice as to where you bring the claim, and there are often arguments about which law will determine how much compensation a claimant can expect to receive.

Read this and more exclusive content every day as an NR Times online subscriber. Just £2.99 a month, cancel anytime.

Login Join Now